Words of the week:
- truculent (adj). ready to fight, cruel (They behaved in the most high-handed, brutal and truculentmanner.)
- umbrage (n). resentment, offence (He called me a coward, and I took umbrage at the insult).
- venerable (adj). deserving of respect because of age or achievement (The venerable High Court judge had made several key rulings in landmark cases throughout the years).
Try to use the words of the week in as many lessons as you can!
Words of the Week:
1.Writing the words in your planner and using the look/cover/write/check method to learn the spellings
- Putting the words into 5 of your own sentences.
- Writing a list of as many synonyms as you can think of for the words selected