Words of the week:
- parody (n). a satirical imitation (A hush fell over the classroom when the teacher returned to find Magdalena acting out a parody of his teaching style).
- penchant (n). a tendency, partiality, preference (Fred’s dinner parties quickly became monotonous on account of her penchant for mashed potatoes).
- perusal (n). a careful examination, review (The actor agreed to accept the role after a three-month perusal of the movie script).
Try to use the words of the week in as many lessons as you can!
Words of the Week:
1.Writing the words in your planner and using the look/cover/write/check method to learn the spellings
2. Putting the words into 5 of your own sentences.
3. Writing a list of as many synonyms as you can think of for the words selected