Words of the week:
- coherent (adj). logically consistent, intelligible (William could not figure out what Harold had seen because he was too distraught to deliver a coherent statement).
- complacency (n). self-satisfied ignorance of danger (Simon tried to shock his friends out of their complacency by painting a frightening picture of what might happen to them).
- confidant (n). a person entrusted with secrets (Shortly after we met, he became my chief confidant).
Try to use the words of the week in as many lessons as you can!
Words of the Week:
1.Writing the words in your planner and using the look/cover/write/check method to learn the spellings
2. Putting the words into 5 of your own sentences.
3. Writing a list of as many synonyms as you can think of for the words selected