Year 9 students have the exciting opportunity to design the packaging and create a slogan for a new bamboo based nutritional snack. The new snack bars will be called Bambooost and will contain bamboo shoots, which are rich in vitamins, minerals and silica. Thank you to Lionel Palatine from Bambooo and Liz Painter from The Plegde who visited the school to explain more about the new product and launch the competition.
What to do next
• Choose to enter the slogan competition, packaging competition or both
• The competition deadline for both is Friday 7 February. You have 2 weeks!
• Hand in entries to Mrs Bailey in the library
• Your teachers will select 10 of the best entries for the short-list for each competition
• Lionel Palatine will then select the winners in each competition
Prizes for each competition are Bambooo.com vouchers for :
• 1st prize – £150
• 2nd prize – £100
• 3rd prize – £50
The packaging design must be
• No bigger than one side of A4
• Five colours or less
• Eye-catching – it has to stand out on the shelves!
• Think about the sides and back of the packaging
• Leave space for the nutritional information
The slogan should be
• Short and catchy
• Linked to the product (bamboo!)
• Reinforce the fact the product is rich in minerals and silica
Pictured – Liz Painter from The Pledge (Cheshire and Warrington) and Lionel Palatine from Bambooo