We value the importance and diversity that educational visits add to the everyday curriculum. We therefore have a wide range of visits available to our students, throughout the year. Some of these are for specific subjects or groups of students, but many are open to all.
- A residential visit to Lancaster University for Year 12 students, to promote our Partnership Status with the university and give them an initial taster of university life.
- A residential visit to the Bushcraft Experience, North Wales for Year 7 students, to welcome them to Eaton Bank Academy and promote team building, whilst also embedding existing friendships from their primary schools.
- A biennial overseas residential visit to The Gambia, working with a charity to support the development of education and schools in the area.
- Various Geography Fieldwork opportunities including the Goyt Valley, North Wales and Central Manchester, in line with the requirements of their GCSE and A Level courses.
- The Manchester European Christmas Markets to experience various cultures and buy those all important gifts before Christmas!
- The Trafford Centre to pack in more Christmas shopping, with all proceeds from this visit going to the Year 11 Leavers Prom.
- A visit to the Leeds Armouries for the Art and Design course
- A Travel and Tourism guided tour around Manchester City Centre, taking in the cities sights; organised by Year 13 students as part of their course.
- A biennial overseas residential visit to New York taking in the sights and sounds of the city whilst focussing on art, design, performing arts and history
- An annual visit to Romania, supporting the charity “Children of Romania”, working in childrens homes and orphanages
- An annual residential visit to Normandy for Year 7 students experiencing french living and learning more of the French language
- An annual visit to the Manchester Central Conference Higher Education Fayre, for our Sixth Form students considering a future at University.
- An annual PE visit to Glan Llyn Bala, North Wales, to take part in a variety of activities including gorge walking and canoeing.
- An annual visit to Tyn Y Felin, North Wales, to spend an intense weekend developing skills in art and design
- The annual Ski Trip, to a European ski destination such as Italy or Austria.
- Various ad-hoc visits to the theatre and other performing arts venues, to support the curriculum and range of pieces in the performing arts department, this has included visits to recent performances such as Ghost, West Side Story and Cats.
As with our school canteen, parents can pay for school trips using ParentPay. Once a slip has been returned to the finance office to confirm that your child would like to attend a trip it will appear on your ParentPay account as due for payment. It is possible for parents to pay in installments.
Parental Consent forms can be downloaded from the link below and must be fully complete before students are taken on a visit. Please refer to the letter with information about the trip, to ensure that this consent form is returned before the relevant deadline.