Students have been testing their knowledge of books by entering the LRC Easter Book Quiz. The quiz was designed to test the students’ knowledge of both fiction and non-fiction texts. Congratulations to Molly-Mae Hodson (8TAY) who was the only entrant out of thirty submissions, to answer all the questions correctly. Runner-up prizes, where both students had only got one incorrect answer, went to Cameron Grattage (9SDA) and Amelia Watson-Cave (7TKE).
Well done to all the students who took the time to have a go.
If anyone would like to test their knowledge of books – the quiz is below.
Library – Easter Competition
Indicate your answer with a tick
- What is the first book in the Alex Rider series?
|a) Scorpia Rising|
|c) Skeleton Key|
|d) Point Blank|
- The title of Chapter 17 in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is?
|a) Professor Trelawney’s Prediction|
|b) Cat, Rat and Dog|
|c) The Dementor’s Kiss|
|d) Owl Post Again|
- In Twilight what town did Bella live in with her father?
- Which book begins with the opening line “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…”
|a) Oliver Twist|
|b) A Tale of Two Cities|
|c) Bleak House|
|d) Great Expectations|
- The book Awful Auntie by David Walliams is set in a hall, what is the name of the hall?
|a) Speake Hall|
|b) Salisbury Hall|
|c) Southlands Hall|
|d) Saxby Hall|
|a) Liz Pigeon|
|b) Elizabeth Pignon|
|c) Liz Pichon|
- The author of the books about Tom Gates is called?
- If you read a non-fiction book catalogued under the Dewey Decimal System with the number 88, what subject would you learn something about?
- Who lived in the flat below Coraline in the novel of the same name by Neil Gaiman?
- Name both of Greg Heffley’s brothers in the Dairy of a Wimpy Kid series: