Words of the week:
- circumspect (adj). cautious (Though I promised Marta’s father I would bring her home promptly by midnight, it would have been more circumspect not to have specified a time).
- clandestine (adj). secret (Announcing to her boyfriend that she was going to the library, Maria actually went to meet George for a clandestine liaison).
- coerce (v). to make somebody do something by force or threat (The court decided that David Beckham did not have to honor the contract because he had been coerced into signing it).
Try to use the words of the week in as many lessons as you can!
Words of the Week:
1.Writing the words in your planner and using the look/cover/write/check method to learn the spellings
2. Putting the words into 5 of your own sentences.
3. Writing a list of as many synonyms as you can think of for the words selected